Skip to main content

SCRAPE THESE UNNECESSARY RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS

UNNECESSARY RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS

If I may ask, what is the importance of these religious holidays to us as a people? As far as I am concerned, it is an escape route for those of us who do not want to work but would want to eat. For crying out loud, why should a government, after declaring two work free days, go ahead and add an extra day to it, reason being that there was an error with the announcement of the holidays.
Please do not misunderstand me; I am not trying to take sides here. To me, all of these religious holidays should be scraped, especially those that fall on weekends and are pushed to working days. Giving two days of the five working days away in the name of holidays, do not speak well for our dwindling economy. Do you know how much the country is going to lose within these three days?


Now let be more realistic, if Israel and Saudi Arabia being the headquarters of the two major religions in Nigeria observe more holidays than we do, they have more work force than what we have here and these holidays do not in any way affect their input and output. Here in Nigeria, we all fold our arms and pray that the whole country should go on strike. Now let us use America as a model country, they don't have any holiday that runs into two days. According to OfficialHolidays.com, America has only 14 holidays to observe, religious and national inclusive unlike Nigeria that has 23 holidays.


This is my position: A day is enough for these festivals and celebrations. Any holiday that falls on a weekend should be observed that day that it decides to fall on. Fighting corruption is good but also stopping these UNNECESSARY HOLIDAYS is very good and healthy to the economy. This is another avenue through which the economy of this country is tied down. Three days in week as holiday is just too much for Nigeria at this point.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO USE GAS INSTEAD OF PETROL WITH YOUR GENERATOR.

HOW TO CONVERT YOUR PETROL GENERATOR TO GAS GENERATOR This technology is real and will simply convert your existing petrol generator to be using Gas too, and it's more cheaper to run and last longer. Your 12.5kg gas will take you up to 150hrs - that's about a week, if you decide to run without stopping!!!

FREE MODELING OPPORTUNITIES IN NIGERIA

During my research on the forth-coming AFRICAN NEXT TOP MODEL, I  can across other sites and agencies that are willing and ready to recruit, groom, train and equip young and up-coming models. I also found out that modeling is a big time business and lots of people, especially ladies, are really interested in the modelling of a thing. One thing I noticed was that in as much as most people are interested, they don't know how and where to go about it. This is one thing I have come to realise in life, you might have all what it takes to win all the medals in a competition but if you don't go out to showcase what you have, you might end up not been recognized till the end of time.

WHY YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE A WORKING ALERT SYSTEM FOR YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

T his post is very necessary as it is coming as a result of a first hand experience I had. Yesterday, at about 3.00pm I received an alert from my bank that I have been debited #1,050.00 for the ATM card I applied for. I was shocked! When did I apply for an ATM card? I have one that is going to expire in about 5years time, so why would I apply for a new one?