Skip to main content

WHY YOU NEED TO ACTIVATE A WORKING ALERT SYSTEM FOR YOUR BANK ACCOUNT

This post is very necessary as it is coming as a result of a first hand experience I had. Yesterday, at about 3.00pm I received an alert from my bank that I have been debited #1,050.00 for the ATM card I applied for. I was shocked! When did I apply for an ATM card? I have one that is going to expire in about 5years time, so why would I apply for a new one?
As I was wondering, it occurred to me to quickly rush to the bank. When I got there, the Customer Service guy said that they have a network issue and so I should wait. I waited for a while but I gradually became impatient so he noticed it and asked for my account number and after browsing through for a while, he came up with this shocking news:
"Somebody applied for an ATM card with your account number". I was mad! Do you mean that the millions I just made are about to be emptied by someone else? "What do we do?" I inquired. "Block every ATM card attached to your account" was the answer I got. After saying that he left me and went about his activities. Just look at this Customer Care guy ooo! Playing with my millions? Tah!!! I moved to the operational Manager's desk.

The manager confirmed it, contacted the branch (thousands of kilometers away from my home branch) where the application was submitted and asked them to revoke it. He now told me that all is well and my money would be returned to me.

This afternoon, I received another alert confirming what he said and a reversal to that effect. The essence of this post is to inform our readers that they should not overlook that little thing called sms alert and to those who instead of applying for sms alert applied for e-mail alert should have a rethink and see if they are always online so as to receive alert as fast as the sms alert system.

You can see how careless this bank people can be. The mistake was from their Customer Service Agent who was responsible for that application. Instead of cross-checking the application, the person went ahead to process the application. This also explains why we are told that someone has made a withdrawal with an ATM elsewhere and our accounts debited.

So if you don't have an alert system attached to your account, please do immediately you have the opportunity.

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST AFTER READING AS IT IS GOING TO HELP SOMEBODY ONE DAY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO USE GAS INSTEAD OF PETROL WITH YOUR GENERATOR.

HOW TO CONVERT YOUR PETROL GENERATOR TO GAS GENERATOR This technology is real and will simply convert your existing petrol generator to be using Gas too, and it's more cheaper to run and last longer. Your 12.5kg gas will take you up to 150hrs - that's about a week, if you decide to run without stopping!!!

FREE MODELING OPPORTUNITIES IN NIGERIA

During my research on the forth-coming AFRICAN NEXT TOP MODEL, I  can across other sites and agencies that are willing and ready to recruit, groom, train and equip young and up-coming models. I also found out that modeling is a big time business and lots of people, especially ladies, are really interested in the modelling of a thing. One thing I noticed was that in as much as most people are interested, they don't know how and where to go about it. This is one thing I have come to realise in life, you might have all what it takes to win all the medals in a competition but if you don't go out to showcase what you have, you might end up not been recognized till the end of time.